Continuous Improvement Engineer
Continuous Improvement Engineer
Rust-Oleum Corporation is a worldwide leader in protective paints and coatings for both home and industry. We offer a wide product range including decorative fashion paints, durable industrial roof repair coatings and, of course, the famous rust-fighting formula that started it all.
The primary result expected from the Continuous Improvement Engineer is to assist in the development and implementation of the continuous improvement vision for the organization by coaching, mentoring, and leading teams to establish a culture of continuous improvement across the organization; ensuring adherence to the principles of lean manufacturing while planning & facilitating strategic plans across plant locations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the planning and implementation of continuous improvement strategies to achieve overarching global business strategy (MAP)
- Work with plant management to gather baseline data on Yield, OEE, Quality, Losses, Waste, etc. and provide relevant tools that clearly identify top losses (Pareto analysis, etc.)
- Champions loss analysis improvement plan development, plan execution leadership and results tracking
- Collaborate with plant leadership to develop processes that monitor performance hour to hour, shift to shift, day to day and week to week.
- Coordinate continuous improvement events/activities to improve performance, eliminate wastes and losses (i.e., kaizen/continuous improvement, value stream mapping, statistical problem solving, etc.) as required, including the planning of events and resources, training and leading teams, achieving event objectives, and documenting improvements.
- Provide leadership in continuous improvement efforts to improve reliability, ease of use & maintenance, minimize changeover times, and eradicate production losses.
- Coach & mentor operations' team, including staff, supervisors, and crew leads on continuous improvement methods & processes to establish a culture where tools and methods are utilized in a standard way to deliver improvements.
- Develop continuous improvement leadership within local operations' team to build their capability for leading and executing their own continuous improvement activities within the plant according to the business strategy.
- Implements initiatives that support the progress for improvement of Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Engagement
- Maintain positive work relationships with members of other teams to communicate effectively, and to ensure compliance with cross-team responsibilities.
- Work with operations' team to develop SOP's and training material.
- Provide back-up coverage for plant operations as needed.
- Improve process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards
- Ability to establish plant management processes for reporting metrics
- Ability to understand plant financial measures and how they are generated
- Ability to interpret control charts
- Ability to motivate others to take action dictated by data
- Communicate with Supervisors, peers, or subordinates: provide information to supervisors and co-workers in written form or in person.
- Maintain a good record of attendance and punctuality.
- Learn all manual tasks performed within the department.
- Perform tasks assigned using specific operating procedures, and following department specific quality control processes and procedures.
- Treat people with dignity and respect.
- Conduct all business with integrity.
- Adhere to Rust-Oleum Corporation Quality principles and participate in all departmental and company-wide Quality activities.
- Follow all safety procedures and company policies.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant Engineering discipline or equivalent (Industrial, Mechanical, Manufacturing, etc).
- 1-2+ years of progressive experience leading continuous improvement efforts.
- 4+ years previous experience in manufacturing;
- Demonstrated ability to learn, develop, and use lean tools to drive organization effectiveness. Ability to coach & train others to perform the same.
- Strong ability to successfully instruct/coach learners and to build collaborative working relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communication within all levels of the operations organization
- Excellent organization, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills;
- Strong computer skills in various software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project;
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with diverse workforce
Lesage, West Virginia, United States