Job Title : Tour Guide
Location: Green Bank Observatory
State: West Virginia
City: Green Bank
Job Schedule: Full Time Temporary
Department: Green Bank EPO Division
Salary Interval : Non-Exempt
Job Schedule : Temporary /Rotating Shift
Duration : Approximately 3 Months
Tour guides communicate the Observatory's mission to the public and provide assistance in the creation, organizing and conducting of astronomy/science awareness programs for visitors to the observatory. This is a Safety Sensitive Position.
ES SENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct guided tours including auditorium presentations and driving tour buses.
- Assist with school field trips and motor coach tours.
- Greet guests.
- Exhibit monitoring and basic troubleshooting.
- Docent duties to include delivering informal programs to the public and youth groups.
- Opening & closing of the science center building, exhibit hall.
- Janitorial duties such as maintaining clean buses, etc.
- Other duties may include gift shop support and other duties as assigned.
Tour guides must have a pleasant disposition, a professional presentation appearance and excellent communication skills. A science background, experience interacting with the public, excellent communication skills and enjoying public education are key success factors in the performance of this role.
Minimum Education: High School diploma
Preferred Education : Two years of college with studies emphasizing science or science education.
Preferred Experience : Prior experience working with the public or speaking ability.
Physical Demands : Frequent standing, walking, operation of bus lift, and occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs.
Work Environment : Public facility, office environment, must be available to work evenings and weekends
Required Skills, Certifications:
-Age 18 with valid driver's license
-General computer skills
The selected candidate must successfully pass a post-offer, pre-employment/pre-placement drug screen. Failure to pass the Screen will disqualify the candidate from employment consideration for a period of six months from the date of the results.
Apply online at the Associated University Inc. / NRAO / GBO / Careers page; upload CV/ Resume and letter of inter e s t.
AUI is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V)